Pro Gamers Group (“PGG”) is an international group that develops and sells high-end gaming equipment for the highly committed PC gamer via several B2C web shops and as B2B distributor. The company is headquartered in Berlin and founded in 2003, but active in Germany, UK, Australia, Finland, Taiwan and more countries. The company has ca. 700 employees.
The product portfolio ranges from PC components to build your own PC to PC gaming peripherals/accessories and lifestyle products such as gaming chairs. Within this product portfolio, PGG sells its own brands as well as third-party brands.
In 2021 HAL Investments entered as majority shareholder alongside management. HAL is a long-term international investment company investing in successful companies with further growth potential. HAL supports PGG in its ambition to grow further and become the evident number one go-to shop for gaming equipment worldwide. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to support management in this exciting journey.
- A challenging, young, international and professional work environment with career development opportunities
- A unique opportunity to work directly with C-level executives and founders
- A competitive salary package including bonus
- Flexible home office arrangement
- Our hierarchies are flat, so you can act quickly
Key task will be to support the management board of PGG in developing the strategic plan, support the execution of key strategic initiatives and assisting in the execution of M&A. Business Development Manager will work closely with the management board (CEO, COO, CFO and CPO). After good performance, a logical next career step after 2-3 years would be a management function within the group.
- Develop, drive and monitor strategic initiatives proactively in a structured manner, related to amongst others:
- Developing the strategic plan
- Business Intelligence analysis,
- Market analysis,
- Synergy realization,
- Exchange and implementation of best practices across the group,
- Geographic expansion,
- Support the execution of M&A processes (market research, due diligence, transaction documentation, negotiations, post-merger integration) in close collaboration with HAL.
- Support the management board in preparation of key meetings and presentations
- Approx. 2-4 years of working experience with a top-tier strategy consultancy firm or similar background
- University degree with excellent performance
- Strong project management experience in multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong management and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills in English; written and oral. German is an asset
- Savvy in main IT tools: PPT (excellent slide writing capabilities), Excel and Word.
- You prioritize and sequence work in a logical and pragmatic way.
- You are able to deliver succinct messages in senior settings
- Experience with M&A is a plus, not a prerequisite
- Affinity with ecommerce and/or gaming
- You are willing to live and work in Berlin
- Self-starter who can easily work in teams and autonomous
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Ambitious, dynamic and eager to learn
- Able to motivate and convince people by your enthusiasm and open attitude
- High potential
Sounds like your new job? We´re looking forward to your application!